Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 1

First thing to get working on for the new year (after the lovely task of taking down the tree) is to repair my totally out of whack sleep patters. Staying up until 4, 5, 6 or 7 am. has simply GOT to stop! I'm expecting a lot of new business coming my way this month - I want to be awake and alert. Lesson working on.

New Years day has always been a really weird sort of day for me. It's the penultimate anti-climax day (tho Christmas day used to hold the same feeling when we celebrated that holiday). All the anticipation is over, the stores are closed, and we, as a people, all just hang out (some watch goofy parades and college ball - but that never floated my boat - pun intended) and the kids begin to think about school being around the corner once again. At least I am hangover free this year, as I was last Jan. 1st. Still there is always something melancholy about this day.

No comments: