Sunday, December 28, 2008

Been Awhile...

and it has been a BUSY while...

The holidays of course take some time - nothing special here other than to have my children home safe; the sound of their laughter and songs; the best gifts every - handwritten letters from each kid to me (made my heart melt and I would have been in complete tears if it wasn't for the silly voices they used when reading them to me!). Time for the obligatory tree and decorations to come down. Had an idea to un-decorate on Christmas eve and toss the tree on Christmas day (Yule was a week earlier this year) just to make the neighbors wonder but daughter-dear wants it all still up so, up it is.

Been doing a lot of reading these past weeks - on to my 4th book this month. I adore Kathleen O'Neal Gear!

Relearned how to knit last night - enjoyable and relaxing even though it brings out the perfectionist in me.

Letting go of people and and things is getting pretty easy (maybe too easy?)

Locating old high school friends is an odd experience 32 years later. After the initial catching up - what to say? And why? Could these people, spread all over the globe, ever be friends again? (This excludes my 2 dear friends with whom I have always been in touch with off and on over the years - you know who you are! Oh, but you don't read my blog do you? LOL)

I'm staying VERY hopeful that the market will break loose come January! New homes to sell, new buyers and financing for everyone! Bring it on!

Stupid, yet serious, argument between ex and step-sons has lead to awkward position for me and discord for children. Sorry you brought this on yourself. Most people feel you NEED and DESERVE this. I'm holding out opinion and trying to remain "Switzerland".

I worry about my father every day. Why do I think there is something he isn't telling me about his illness?

(Note new "Label" - why hadn't I thought of this before?!)

No comments: